I think I might create a splendid array of different raw broccoli salads. Here is number two. It was gorgeous to look at (And equally tasty, which is why we ate it so quickly and forgot to take a photo.) The bright green of the marinated broccoli, red pepper, purplish red onion, the white sesame seeds….I just love the colours of nature! If you have not read how amazing broccoli is, do so here, in the Raw Broccoli Salad number 1 post.
For the salad, we used:
- 1 head broccoli, broken into very small florets
- A chunk of red onion, diced (quantity, to taste)
- half a red bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- A handful of flaked almonds (optional)
For the Dressing-Marinade:
- 1/8 cup extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 1/2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 t ground sea salt
- 1/2 T honey
- 1/2 t soy sauce/tamari
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 1 t cumin
Pour the marinade over the salad, and mix well. Leave the salad, covered in the fridge for a good few hours, at least. The cumin is the magic ingredient; that, and the sesame oil. Do not omit!
We ate it over the top of green pasta (wholewheat pasta + mashed avocado, pinch of salt) and it tasted amazing! So if you want to eat your salad solo, and you have a spare avocado, and you want to add that into the salad, I am sure you would not be sorry. (Three types of fat on your salad, anyone? Anyone?)
Photo to follow, when we make it again. Which we definitely will.