In my language, Brown food is chocolate. Brown food (chocolate) can be green, or beige, without actually being green-coloured, or beige-coloured. See this post for more details.
This dip is in fact, green, while at the same time being brown-coloured, not to be confused with Brown Food.
Are you with me? Then let’s make some pate.
Dead easy, all you need is a mini chopper ,some cooked black beans, a lime, and a few store cupboard items…. You can cook a whole bag of beans in the slow cooker overnight and then drain them, and freeze them in bags for recipes.
Black bean Pate- SO very yummy.
- 1.5 cups of cooked black beans
- 6 sundried tomatoes, snipped up OR 2 TABLESPOONS OF TOMATO PUREE
- 1T extra virgin olive oil (on reflection, this could be omitted for a fat-free dip, or increased for a silkier, more unctious dip)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Whizz until completely smooth and until the sun-drieds are fully incorporated and processed.
I enjoy this with raw veggies. Here it is featured on a Green wrap (romaine lettuce) topped with a lime and coriander broccoli salsa.
For the salsa, just chop up any raw vegetables you can find, (broccoli, red pepper, celery) with as much red onion and tomato as you have available, a droozle of EVOO (extra virgin), lime juice and plenty of chopped coriander or your choice of herbs.
I enjoyed this twice this week with two different friends, followed in one instance by some (green) Brown Food.