Behold- the NAKD BARS:
Coming in a variety of flavours, and made with only unroasted nuts, dried fruit and natural flavours/spices. They cost 60-80p depending on where you buy them, but thanks to the kind people who put the percentage ratios on the back of the packet, you can also make them at home!
We made “Cocoa Orange”, which is made with:
5% unsweetened cocoa powder
a small amount of natural orange flavouring
(I think these figures are correct- I threw the wrapper away by accident- in any case they are close- and it tasted authentic!)
You will need digital scales for this. These quantities make 2 bars, as shown in the highly stylish photo, where they feature on a fluorescent pink IKEA plate.
- 40 grams unroasted cashews
- 40 grams of unsweetened dried dates, snipped into smallish pieces
- 15 grams of raisins
- 5 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of “orange extract” oil
- In your food processor or mini chopper, process the nuts until they look like fine meal.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until they are completely broken down- about a minute?
- The mixture will seem a bit crumbly but presses together easily.
- Form into bars, or- even more convenient- small bite-size truffle shapes.
So I don’t do food styling. But it tastes good and it nurtures, okay???!!!